About SPPU Research Park Foundation (SPPU RPF)
SPPU Research Park Foundation is a section 8 company fully owned by Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU). It is established to promote research based entrepreneurship as well as providing co-location facility to industry for Research and Development. It is a ‘gateway’ for SPPU to take the research to industry and society at large. It provides an opportunity for industry and academia to come and work together for addressing the challenges of mutual interests. SPPU Research Park Foundation provides opportunities for students for skill enhancement through working on real life problems, carry out research towards their academic fulfilment, gain practical experience and employment prospects by working on cutting edge technologies.
“To foster applied research & entrepreneurship and enable SPPU to be amongst the top 5 innovative Indian universities.”
" A self sustaining world class Research Park for start ups as well as co-location facility for the industrial R&D under SPPU's jurisdiction"
- Outstanding track record of basic research with strong application orientation leading to delivery of technologies with focus on societal concerns
- On campus ‘Design Innovation Center (DIC)’ for the innovations/research/technology transfer, (DIC)
- Central Instrumentation Facility (CIF)
- Availability of ICT methods, and the e-content Development and Learning Innovation Centre
- On campus presence of reputed organizations like IUCAA, NCCS, TIFR, C-DAC
- One of the best university libraries (knowledge resource centre) with rich contents and full automation